Monday, August 27, 2012

Must...not...buy...more....!

I have been slowly moving away from being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  First, because of health reasons - I was always tired and hurting and had lost all desire to spend the hours necessary for prepping for classes.  And second, because of eBay.  I just don't have what it takes to do both, and, frankly, eBay makes more money.

The problem is that I couldn't get my heart to agree to pull out of it completely.  I have loved stamping for a long, long time.  I love the company, I love the products, I love the people.  SU! has allowed me to continue as a teacher, long after my elementary classroom days were over.

Then - the miracle happened.  I got better.  I had the two Radio Frequency Ablations, which have removed a huge amount of pain along with six tiny little twigs of nerve on both sides of three vertebra.  The new medication I started, called Symponi, has brought back my energy and banished much of the tiredness...and all of a sudden the new catalog started exerting its siren song.  So much beautiful stuff!

So, this fall, I decided to just host a simple Open House, and then teach a couple of classes.  I thought that was a nice compromise.  I purchased one batch of supplies - picked only the stuff I personally love - and decreed to myself that That Was All.

The problem?  Temptation, like this card by Justin Krieger.  I love fall.  I miss fall.  I love cards that allow me to FEEL fall despite temps that are still routinely over 100 degrees.  I was NOT going to get the wonderful new Sizzix leaf die cut with matching stamp set (gingham and plaid, no less!)  And I already bought one package of the new Coredinations cardstock that can be sanded to show the contrasting color inside...and I did NOT get brown.  To make this card would cost me over $50.  I Must Resist.

I'll let you know how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment